Job Posting #804628
Site: Ontario - All Sites
Department: Altum Health
Reports to: Manager
Status: Consultant/Staff/ Full-time and Part-time positions available http://altumhealth.com/clinics
Altum Health is growing and we are offering psychologist and psychological associate positions at our sites across Ontario
The Altum psychologist's role is to provide effective diagnosis and treatment, guide clients through the steps towards a full recovery and help them retrace those steps when there are setbacks. If you want to grow your skills and expand your depth of practice while giving back to the community, this is a role to consider. If you want to see the difference you make to the well-being and lives of clients on a daily basis, while changing the face of healthcare and rehabilitation, Altum Health is your next step. Join us as a Psychologist / Psychological Associate. We offer relocation assistance (within Ontario, Canada and North America) for qualified candidates and a total compensation package, recognizing the value of extended health and wellness benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries and access to one of Canada's top pension plans.
The difference you will make:
Psychological staff at Altum Health can work with a full range of clients who have a variety of mental health and/or substance issues, some with musculoskeletal injuries, concussions and other concurrent conditions. You put together broad-spectrum treatment plans. At Altum, you have the opportunity to work side-by-side with a rehabilitation team of behavioral therapists, psychotherapists, psychiatrists, pharmacists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, kinesiologists and surgeons.
Working at Altum is part of a long-term career plan. Psychologists can also provide the developmental opportunities for growth to in-coming staff. There are difficult cases that challenge you and there are sensitive cases that require a delicate touch. Every day there are clinical learning opportunities and teaching moments. With the Circle of Care mindset as a guiding principle, you eagerly participate in quality improvement activities and perform cross-functional and cross-site duties as required. You believe in the work we do together.
What you ideally bring in experience and certifications:
- A Doctoral or Masters degree in Psychology, from an accredited APA or CPA program
- Completion of APPI, CPA, or CCPPP accredited internship / residency program
- Registration with College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Competency in Clinical (required) and Rehabilitation (preferred) scopes of practice
- Experience in rehabilitation with a third party payor system, assessment and intervention with acute (musculoskeletal) and chronic pain, mood and anxiety disorders, PTSD and phobias, and intervention involving cognitive behavioural therapy, DBT, motivational interviewing, and other empirically supported modalities
Your personal and professional skill set include the following:
- Dedication to and excitement for a collaborative interdisciplinary approach, commitment to the challenge of working with clients suffering from acute and chronic injuries and eagerness to be part of an interdisciplinary team
- Understanding the detail required for third party insurance reporting, not deterred by mandatory processes;
- Strong communication skills, both within and outside of treatment sessions and as part of an interdisciplinary team, with a respect for confidentiality requirements
- A desire for continuous growth and learning, committed to a high quality of evidence- based practice and ongoing professional development
- An innate ability to demonstrate initiative, with excellent judgement and prioritizing skills
At Altum Health we are experts in full-scope healthcare services including rehabilitation. We started off with very humble beginnings as a one-room assessment centre, partnered with WSIB. We have since grown into a 250+ person organization with a broad demographic of patients and a diverse client base.
Altum Health is a private-for-public department of UHN; every dollar we make goes back to fund public healthcare initiatives. Our ongoing focus is to maintain a high degree of credibility in our field, to be leaders in healthcare and to change the rehabilitation model of care through the discovery of new approaches. With patient safety and quality care at the top of our priority list, we continue to build upon a culture of discovery and adventure.
Altum Health wants to invite you to join us on our ongoing journey of firsts as we pioneer change and raise the bar in healthcare.
If you share our beliefs, are invested in bettering the lives of patients on a daily and long-term basis and you want to be a pioneer in rehabilitative care, join Altum Health as we continue to break new ground, build relationships and give back to our communities. Be the face of change and the hands that heal.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.