One of our leading clients in the Banking Industry is looking for a program Management consultant. We need someone who can visualize success and help our internal clients see the end at the beginning. If you are a person who can focus on relationships and consider yourself to be a consulting guru please apply to this role.
The Program Management Consultant is responsible for setting up & managing the successful delivery of large, complex, multi-project programs with budgets in excess of $20M. Support, coach, mentor and provide leadership to the Banks' Program Directors and partners and manage these key relationships. To apply best practices and appropriate governance models while anticipating and mitigating risks.
- Assess program at start up, deploy Banks large program , leverage pragmatic experience from similar initiatives, and to establish appropriate governance model.
- To engage sponsoring executives, IT and Business leads, to establish trusted partnerships, and ensure that business value is delivered within scope, budget & timelines.
- Translates client vision into program high level scope and design.
- Leverage best practice program management discipline and experience to prevent programs from faltering in early stages
- Integrates project plans at program level creating estimating models as required, refines plan and manages performance against it.
- Facilitates schedule and cost forecasting and mentors program/project managers in determining risk based provisions.
- Delivers projects on time and on/under budget
- Oversees the production of project gate documents (Program Charter, Business Requirements and approves same.
- Provides superior client experience and strengthens relationship between Business and IT partners
- Proactively collaborates with colleagues across the organization to get things done
- Creates and maintains Roadmap detailing the projects and their dependencies
- Balances collaboration and consensus with ability to assert program management discipline where required
- Keeps management team and stakeholders up to date with program status
- Participates in Steering Committee meetings
- Provides senior management with timely updates on operational program issues
- Coach project managers in delivery, issue management and risk management
- Manages performance and fosters reward and recognition.
- Holds Program Directors/Program Managers/Project Managers accountable for responsibilities and deliverables.
- Establishes succession plan for key positions, including own.
- Guides stakeholders through change, including impact on process, technology