Winful Seafood International Ltd. in Scarborough, Ontario is a professional and certificated seafood products supplier with more than 20 years of experience in this industry. We provide our customers all over the world with high quality seafood products at competitive prices. Currently, we are looking for an in-house Graphic Design Technician to join our company.
Full-time permanent position; 30-40 hours/week
Location of employment: 10 Melford Dr, Scarborough, ON M1B 2G1
Salary: $20 to $23/hour based on experience and performance; vacation days pay and sick days pay.
• A college diploma in graphic arts, computer graphics or media graphic design etc.
• Creative ability and artistic talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are required.
• Marketing experience is an asset.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a graphic design technician.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create, design and review marketing materials and monitor promotion material to meet company standards
- Design product labels
- Design digital posters for company newsletters to suppliers, distributors, and sales team
- Arrange for project printing and release;
- Produce computerized images and drawings;
- Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphics palettes or specialized software;
- Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided.
- Determine artwork requirements by reviewing work orders; studying design, content, and specifications.
- Develop design concepts by evaluating space requirements, type size and style, spacing, and graphics; reviewing and alter customer’s designs.
- Prepare finished page layouts by writing, editing, keying, and copying text;
- importing graphics, converting, scanning, and enhancing documents, illustrations, and photographs, into digital images;
- Maintain quality results by editing layouts including spelling, grammar, punctuation,
- reproduction, clarity, and consistency; adhering to prepress standards.
- Communicate with other team members and clients and implement design requirements.
- Obtain layout approval by submitting completed design and layout; reviewing and implementing changes.
We invite all candidates that meet the above requirements to send resume [email protected] Only candidates meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview.