Forbes includes U of G Among Canada's Best Employers
Professional and Managerial Group
Hiring #: 2022-0513
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Open Learning and Educational Support is an integral part of the University of Guelph's learner-centred and research-intensive mission.
As leaders in education, we create innovative and relevant educational opportunities that meet the learning needs of a local and international audience. We are guided by learner-centered principles that are reflected in our diverse programs and rich learning experiences for traditional and lifelong learners. We intentionally integrate pedagogy with technology in the design, development and delivery of our educational programs. Through research and collaboration, we engage in scholarship to advance the teaching and learning mandate of the University.
If you're a champion of educational technology with the expertise, confidence and passion to advance our mission, read on.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director, Educational Technologies will provide expertise and leadership in the research, evaluation, implementation and the effective and innovative use of educational technologies at the University of Guelph. More specifically, as Associate Director of Educational Technologies, you will:
- Contribute to the overall strategic directions, goals and objectives as a member of Open Learning and Educational Support's senior leadership team
- Develop, plan, and strategize ways that educational technology can assist and improve teaching and learning, and enhance the student and faculty experience
- Lead assessment of current and future developments and trends in educational technology
- Establish, support and maintain quality instructional design standards for campus-based offerings
- Ensure awareness of educational technologies available to faculty, staff, and students
- Coordinate and collaborate educational technology services and deployments across campus and between campuses
- Provide leadership in the development and operationalization of a continuum of educational technologies, projects and activities
- Foster innovative approaches in the use of teaching and learning technologies to support engagement, assessment, and the achievement of learning outcomes
- Engage in scholarly research on teaching and learning technologies and disseminate findings through reports, publications, journals, presentations, and the development of resources.
- Recruit, lead, and motivate the Teaching and Learning Technologies team to ensure that the vision, mission, and unit goals are realized and align with the teaching and learning needs and strategic directions of the University
To assume the role of Associate Director, Educational Technologies, you must be a strategic and critical thinker and a self-starter with:
- A master's degree in educational technology or a related field, and several years' experience in a similar leadership role;
- The ability to exercise sound judgement, analyze and interpret data and present information in a clear, concise and professional manner;
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and advanced understanding and application of the use of educational technologies within a post-secondary environment;
- A strong familiarity with the educational technology literature and experience in engaging in scholarship;
- Demonstrated proven management and leadership experience;
- The ability to plan, prioritize and execute resource projects and initiatives;
- Effective organizational and skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and attention to detail; and
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation, with the ability to handle matters requiring a high level of diplomacy, sensitivity and confidentiality.
Position Number 313-028
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2022 07 27
Closing Date: 2022 08 17