Incorporated in 1977, TFI Food Ltd. has developed into one of the leading seafood importers in North America. We have used our expertise to build a vast network of trusted suppliers, processors and business partners globally to offer our customers a wide range of seafood, Japanese, Chinese and other Asian specialty products at competitive prices.
We are seeking a full-time Internal Audit Manager to join our financial department. This position will improve the Company’s operations by overseeing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes.
Location: Scarborough, ON
Wage: $52.50 / hour
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Working Hours: 35 hours / week
• Conduct internal audits of assigned district projects and departments
• Manage the assigned team during conduct of audit and ensures accuracy of report and all related workpapers as documented.
• Supervise audit staff in the planning, organizing, directing, and monitoring of internal audit operations including assisting in hiring, training, and evaluating staff, and taking effective actions to address performance matters.
• Coordinate the identification and evaluation of the organization’s audit risk areas and assist in the development of the annual audit plan based on identified risks.
• Develop audit programs for areas identified in the audit plan.
• Direct the audit staff in conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing summary memos, and preparing workpapers.
• Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence.
• Provide assistance with staff onboarding and training requirements
• Prepare reports summarizing the findings of completed projects, with practical and economical recommendations for corrective action
• Perform special audits and reviews as assigned.
• Keep abreast of the policies and procedures relevant to the audits assigned
• Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.