JOB POSTING # 835314
Position: Food Services Supervisor- CA/NDC/WW
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Nutrition Services
Reports to: Manager
Hours: Up to 24 hrs/week as required; Various shifts from 0630-2130; Monday to Sunday; must be available to work a
minimum of 3 full days/week; alternating weekends and stat holidays
Status: Permanent part-time
*Correction - Job Title has been corrected.
As an integral member of Nutrition Services, the responsibilities of the CATERING FOOD SERVICES SUPERVISOR include: providing direct and indirect supervision to Cooks, kitchen staff, catering clerk and catering aides; Performing a variety of activities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of this revenue generating area including; sites/areas have appropriate food and other supplies; adjusting staffing schedules regularly based on the increase of catering orders; meeting with clients; planning events with clients (including room set up plan/take down, external rental items, room bookings, movers, etc.) ensuring appropriate food ratio of alcohol orders to be compliant with the terms of our Liquor License; performing food prep supervision, ensuring food is maintaining department standards, such as presentation, temperature, quantity/portion accuracy, ensuring all three sites have appropriate food and other supplies to allow the department to work efficiently; adheres to Toronto Public Health standards maintaining ongoing communication with the manager and other key players to ensure information is disseminated in a timely fashion; performing educational instruction, quality improvement and resource management responsibilities; performing customer service responsibilities; performing cross-functional and other duties, as assigned and/or requested;
- Graduate of an approved Food and Nutrition Management Program at a Community College or a University Graduate of a Food and Nutrition program or equivalent required
- A Membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (C.S.N.M.) or related Professional Food Service Association required
- Working towards or completion of a Food Handler Certification Program
- Minimum Two (2) years related recent retail supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of food preparation, sanitation and food safety required; therapeutic knowledge is an asset
- Computer literacy using Microsoft Office
- Excellent decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to focus on priorities and activities to meet the day to day requirements
- Knowledge of CBORD computer program preferred
- Previous corporate or other catering, sales and client relations experience preferred
- Previous experience in a healthcare and unionized environment preferred
POSTED DATE: December 20, 2018 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.