Reference Job Description Section for specific job details
A summary of the general duties and responsibilities for the operation of this store are listed below. This Description of the Job is not to be construed as a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Team members may be required to perform other job-related functions as requested by your management team. The specific job duties will vary for each position in the store.
- Keep the sales floor, dressing room, washrooms, and check stand areas neat and orderly
- Provide fast, efficient and accurate checkout service
- Acknowledge all customers within a 10-foot radius of you
- Make brief announcements over the P.A. system
- Answer the telephone in a business-like manner
- Assist customers with their shopping needs
- Move boxes and bags from carts to the sorting tables
- Evaluate items for quality, condition
- Measure items to determine size
- Determine price of items by following established guidelines
- Affix price tags to items
- Process quota of items for each shift according to established guidelines
- Place clothing on hangers on racks
- Move merchandise to the sales floor and distribute to appropriate area
- Maintain store and department cleanliness by sweeping and removing unsellable items
**Operate a trash compactor and baler - must be trained and certified by Savers prior to operation.
**Backup and Furniture/Electrical position(s) require the ability to safely operate the trash compactor, forklift and baler.
Additional DetailsValue Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with a disability taking part in the interview and selection process