ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES IS HIRING!
Looking for a way into the Healthcare Industry? We have Permanent Part-time Positions open!
Department: Environmental Services - Housekeeping
Status: Permanent Part-time
Hours: Monday to Sunday; various rotating 7.5 hour shifts and every other weekend (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of our community's growing and aging population. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always, goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!
WHY CHOOSE US:
Here at Halton Healthcare, we value our staff. Here is what we have to offer:
- Halton Healthcare is an AWARD WINNING Healthcare organization
- Halton Healthcare was named one of Canada's most admired corporate cultures of 2021
- Onsite Fitness Facilities: Gyms are open 24/7 for staff
- Staff Wellness Program: Award winning wellbeing program for Staff
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: Short term professional counselling, financial support services, legal support services, health coaching, nutritional services and much more!
- Amazing Pension plan!
- Delicious food court choices - Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Pita Lite and more!
- Access to Perkopolis! - Several of discounts for Clothing, Tickets, Merchandise, and more
As a member of the Environmental Services team, the Helper will be primarily responsible for providing a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Cleaning and disinfecting public and clinical areas using methods approved by the Housekeeping and Infection Control departments
- Washing floors, ceilings and walls
- Cleaning inside of windows
- Waste and linen disposal
- Related duties as required
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- High School Diploma required
- Recent practical and related experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Must be able to work well in a team setting
- Must possess English language verbal communication skills and literacy skills sufficient to understand verbal and written instructions and to read product labels and procedure manuals
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including: continuous standing and walking, forward bending, pushing/pulling carts and reaching. Some overhead reaching, squatting, climbing and heavy lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate moderate to light equipment required
- May be required to work and adapt to multiple areas
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Salary: $18.23 to $22.79 per hour
Note for internals: This is an external expression of interest. These positions have all been previously posted, if you are interested in a permanent part-time or temporary full-time position please apply directly to the specific posting number you are interested in.
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.