Posting #: 2021-858707
Position: Registered Nurse - 1 position available
Department: Medical/Surgical & Cardiac Monitoring Unit Level 2 ICU
Status: Part-time (must provide availability up to 0.6 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Sunday - Various rotating 8 & 12 hour shifts - days & nights (hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
This is what you'll be doing
To assess, plan and implement care for medical and surgical patients on a dynamic, fast-paced combined Medical-Surgical In-Patient Unit and Close Observation Unit. You will work an innovative schedule consisting of a DDNN in the COU and Med/Surg on a rotational basis.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Current BCLS required at time of hire
- Current ACLS required at time of hire and ongoing
- Recent Critical Care experience required
- Telemetry experience
- Recent Med/Surg hospital experience required
- Intravenous initiation and maintenance skills required
- Completion of Coronary Care 1 or equivalent required
- Patient Assessment skills essential
- Familiarity with on line documentation considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to function as an interactive member of the multidisciplinary team
- Strong functional assessment, problem-solving, leadership, and teaching skills required
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of this position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Salary: $33.90 to $48.53 per hour
Position will remain posted until filled
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.