In this newly created position we are looking for a candidate who is eager to be at the forefront of new technology. We are seeking a candidate who excels at PLC Programming combined with experience of factory-floor data networking and machine communications. This role may require up to 10-25% international travel.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated & engaged employees.
· Hands-on interaction with a large variety of control systems to understand processes and extract the required SCADA data signals for monitoring within an MES/IoT system.
· Troubleshoot machine communications to support data transfers to control systems.
· Connect to machines with various control systems to update IP addresses and to extract the required data signals to Allen Bradley data concentrator using AB native protocols or implementing KEPWARE communications across various platforms.
· Work directly with machine and automation builders during support of IP changes and signal extraction.
· Closely follow programming standards and direction and contribute in Standards development.
· Document changes made and best practices on machine connection and signal extraction.
· Engage in continuous learning by attending formal professional development seminars and conferences as needed.
· Conduct self-directed studies by reading journals and trade publications.
· Must be aware of new technologies and advances in the Controls and automation field.
· Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components, and systems.
· Support SR&ED efforts of the team.
· The ideal candidate will have understanding and experience in working with the following technologies that are backbone of our IoT platform.
· A minimum of five years of experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting in an automation system build, repair or retrofit capacity.
· Robust knowledge of advanced PLC programming on Allen Bradley RS Logix - additional knowledge and experience with Siemens Step7/TIA Portal and Fanuc would be beneficial.
· Experience with factory-floor data networking and machine communications (Ethernet, TCP/IP, OPC).
· Previous experience with vision and metal marking systems.
· Industrial Electrical Maintenance (442A) Certificate of Qualification or working towards certification is a definite asset.
· A keen desire to stay current with the latest PLC and machine control and communications technologies.
· Discipline, attention to detail and a passion for accuracy is a required compliment to your creative thinking.
· Ability to work within, co-ordinate and lead cross functional teams.
· Ability and interest to travel internationally 10% - 25%.
· Excellent opportunities for career advancement.
· Assistance with approved professional designations and fees.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.Current Shift Days Employment Type Full Time Salary Percentage of Travel Required 11-25% Removal Date 07-Aug-2019