We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Thunder Bay location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Industrial Millwright, Thunder Bay Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Industrial Millwright, Thunder Bay Sawmill
The Thunder Bay Sawmill, located in Thunder Bay, Ontario enjoys a prime geographic location for Northwest Ontario; and direct access to its raw materials, which provides an advantage in terms of transportation costs. We employ some 240 people who work in our sawmilling and drying facilities. Investments in recent years have focused on log yard expansion and improving drying capacity to ensure the sustainability of our operation and the job security of staff.
Our facility is looking for qualified individuals to fill an Industrial Millwright position. This is a permanent, full-time position.
We encourage both individual effort and teamwork, mutual aid, as well as occupational health and safety.
What you gain by working with us:
- A base salary of $37.12 per hour
- Shift Premium of $.65 per hour
- Retention Payment of $0.50 per regular hour worked
- Annual Tool allowance $600
- The opportunity to work overtime paid at time and a half
- Benefits Package (health, dental, life insurance, disability, etc)
- A RRSP retirement plan with employer contribution starting at 6%
- Health Club Reimbursement program
- Referral bonuses
- A personal and family assistance program
- A training and development support program
- A social club that offers you a wide range of activities to do with your colleagues and family;
- A workplace based on respect, diversity, and inclusion
- Apply the required health and safety, environmental and quality procedures
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance personnel with daily operation activities
- Utilize the Maintenance Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database;
- Perform preventive maintenance and carry out modification work on the various equipment;
- Improve, optimize and diagnose different control, artificial vision power and servo systems;
- Respond to production calls during downtime;
- Communicate updates to supervisor to maintain goals
- Industrial or Construction Mechanic/Millwright certification
- 3 to 5 years' experience in related industrial environment
- Your uncompromising approach to safety is recognized
- You have recognized relational skills and you like teamwork;
- You are available for mill 12 hour operational shift schedules.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
To be considered for this position, please apply today! To be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our Thunder Bay Sawmill is located at 156 Darrel Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Northwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/ or www.visitthunderbay.com)
You will view Thunder Bay is naturally home to epic outdoor adventures. In and around the city, there are hundreds of parks and conservation areas ready for you to explore. Find golf, mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, angling and sailing opportunities within in walking distance; and Lake Superior - the world's largest freshwater lake a mere stone's throw away as well as the pleasures of many winter activities including skiing or snowmobiling. Other notable sites include:
- Fort William Historical Park: This is a recreation of an early 1800s fur trade post
- Sleeping Giant Provincial Park: This park is known for its scenic views and natural wonders
- Mount McKay: You can climb to one of the highest points in the province at this location
- Prince Arthur's Landing: You can enjoy art galleries, museums, and food at this location
- Terry Fox Memorial: This memorial is dedicated to Terry Fox, a Canadian athlete who ran across Canada to raise money for cancer research
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.