REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (Part-Time, Evenings) - West Park Health Centre
Great opportunity for Registered Practical Nurses to really make a difference in their career! Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) are invited to apply for the Part Time Evenings position, or other nursing vacancies, to work at West Park Health Centre, a 67-bed long-term care facility located in St. Catharines, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Director of Care, the Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure resident care is provide with established nursing standards and principles, physicians' orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents' health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physician orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Nursing Lead.
- Ensure safe and accurate medication pass to 35 residents.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices. IPAC certification preferred.
- Experience interacting effectively with persons who have cognitive impairments, using approaches like G.P.A and P.I.E.C.E.S.
- Previous experience working in Long Term Care in Ontario. Knowledge and experience meeting the standards of care, set forth in the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007, as well as knowledge and the ability to uphold the Residents' Bill or Rights.
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
- Strong leadership skills and participation in the change of work flow process.
- Familiarity with P.C.C. and e.M.A.R.
- Current First Aid and C.P.R. certification preferred.
Interested applicants should send their resume here. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada and we are committed to delivering care to meet the needs of a growing seniors' population in Canada. Our 22,000 team members are dedicated to helping people live better through a commitment to quality service and a passion for what we do.