Field Operations Manager (General Superintendent) - Civil Division
As part of Field Operations, the Field Operations Manager oversees the Site Supervisory staff, Field Engineering and Field teams on all Civil / Environmental projects.
Work closely with project teams on multiple project sites to allow the successful and safe completion of projects in the most economical and expedient manner. This position will focus on project planning, scheduling, risk management, quality and cost control.
In this role, the Field Operations Manager will coach, mentor, train, and develop team members in this field. The individual will also communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors, architects and engineers to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of projects.
At Maple Reinders, we look for leaders, planners and employees who can:
- Oversee complete field operations, current site conditions, and implementing change as required
- Identify current and future resources, and participate in the recruitment process of acquiring new talent
- Assist in the pre-planning and development of the Project Work plan of all projects and ensure all other project requirements i.e. Construction Execution plan, Quality plan, Environmental plan and Safety are developed
- Assist estimating department in relation to other potential projects
- Implement a document control system for Field Documentation
- Provide senior level presence in the field, coach field staff on issue resolution, review site labour requirements, mentor field staff and perform succession planning
Our Field Operations Manager (General Superintendent) will oversee multiple projects that vary in size and scope and the successful candidate should have previous experience in leading a team of construction Superintendents, trades and hourly employees. We are also focused on candidates who currently have:
- Minimum 15 years of construction experience - Civil and/or Building ICI projects
- University Degree in Engineering, or Engineering Technology Diploma, Trade License or a combination of education and construction experience
- Proficiency with MS Office and Windows based computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Project)
- Valid driver's license
- Travel throughout Ontario is required
The Field Operations Manager (General Superintendent) is a key member of Maple Reinders' project team and is critical to the success of each project under their direction. We want you to succeed and we are prepared to get you there by investing in you. We offer extensive training through our "Centre of Learning" to facilitate your career growth through programs such as LEED, Gold Seal and "lunch and learns".
If you are a leader, and aspire to grow into more senior management positions, we want to hear from you. Please provide your project list including the dollar value along with your resume and cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Maple Reinders. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Reinders is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Maple Reinders accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
No agency calls please.
People, Passion, Performance