Posting #: 2021-887340
Position: Registered Nurse
Status: Permanent Part-time (Must provide availability of up to 0.6 FTE)
Hours: Various rotating 12 hour shifts. Hours subject to change based on operational requirements.
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of our community's growing and aging population. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always, goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!
Additionally, we have recently completed our expansion of the Milton District Hospital featuring a new state-of-the-art facility.
The Emergency Department:
The new emergency department will be four times the size of the current department and will include:
- A new triage and registration process to support improved patient flow
- An electronic patient tracking system to manage each patient's records from the moment they arrive
- Dedicated paediatric space to accommodate short term treatment and observation for children
- A dedicated ambulance entrance separate from the patient "walk-in" entrance
- An enclosed ambulance garage with direct access to the department
This is what you'll be doing:
Providing patient care, triage and nursing assessment in all areas of the Emergency Department, you will administer care to adult and paediatric patients from all triage priorities. It is essential you are competent in a diverse range of skills from stabilization and care of the critically ill to first aid. You may be required to transport critical patients including burn victims, neurological emergencies and trauma victims to other facilities.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS Certification required at time of hire
- Current ACLS Certification required at time of hire and ongoing
- Minimum of 2 years current Emergency nursing experience required
- ECG monitoring including arrhythmia interpretation required
- Post-diploma Emergency courses, successful completion of Canadian Emergency Nursing Certificate Exam and/or ACLS would be preferred
- Computer skills an asset
- IV therapy skills required
- Excellent teaching and public relations skills
- Good team player
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary: $34.24 to $49.02 per hour
Date Re-Posted: May 20, 2022
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.