310T Truck and Trailer Mechanic
(Both Shop and Mobile positions available)
Join a company with a competitive compensation package and a broad range of benefits including tool and safety boot allowance, competitive shift premium, benefits, paid vacation and flexible hours.
Britannia Fleet Services maintains and services all types of tractors, trailers, containers and chassis. We are a fast growing company looking to add an additional, and exceptional, mechanic to join our winning team.
This role is perfect for excited and self-driven candidates that have a knack for solving and repairing technical and hands-on problems. The ideal candidate will eat, sleep, and breathe the mechanical process. We have unlimited opportunities for skilled workers with quality workmanship who would like to take their career to the next level.
Benefits of being on a winning team:
- Competitive base wage with shift premiums
- Lucrative tool allowance
- Safety boot allowance
- Paid Vacation
- Life and Optional Life Insurance
- Long term disability and AD&D
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Package
- RRSP Program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Company Phone and Laptop for mobile mechanics
- Signing Bonus available
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services.
- Detect and diagnose operating problems
- Maintains transport trailer units and truck APU's condition by reviewing:
a. Shop Orders
b. Listening To Operator Complaints
c. Repairing Failures; Removing, Replacing, Assembling, and Installing Parts and Components Involving Soldering
d. Welding and the Use of Refrigeration Equipment
- Installing various new units on trucks and coaches.
- Maintain work area appearance and safety.
- 310T certification or apprenticeship
- 2-3 years practical experience with motor coach, heavy truck and truck-trailer maintenance required.
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) required.
- A valid class "G" driver's license for the Province of Ontario.
- Ozone Depletion Prevention Certification preferred.
- Lift heavy materials in excess of 75 lbs (i.e., trailer suspension parts, tires, drums etc.)
At Britannia Fleet Services we take pride in knowing that our progress begins with our team members. We provide a supportive working atmosphere with training and career advancement opportunities.
If you are a mechanic that consistently exceeds expectations, forward your resume to the human resources department at [email protected]
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Britannia Fleet Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.