0800-1600; 1545-1545 and on call 2345-0800. Casual shifts as assigned. This position will work mostly evenings, nights, and weekends without general supervision.Reference#: 134606-jim
Come work as a Radiological Technologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in Hope, BC!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Radiological Technologist to join the Radiography team at Fraser Canyon Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Radiological Technologist you will:
- Be responsible for permanent evening, night or weekend shifts or working without general supervision.
- Perform diagnostic radiographic examinations in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, observing safe radiation protection practices.
- Support the Radiography department by:
- receiving and completing requisitions,
- entering relevant data into the radiology information system,
- preparing patients for examination,
- monitoring patients during procedures,
- operating radiographic equipment including processing radiographs,
- and maintaining cleanliness of examination rooms.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current Certification with the CAMRT.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with radiology equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform radiographic examinations in compliance with departmental standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.