Clinical Pharmacist Posting Number 1438528
Are you looking for a place to showcase your clinical hospital pharmaceutical skills? We have the perfect Relief Full Time opportunity for a Clinical Pharmacist to join our team at Surrey Memorial Hospital located in Surrey, BC.
Who are we?
We are a collaboration of four premier health employers Fraser Health, Provincial Health Services, Providence and Vancouver Coastal health. We provide an integrated approach to pharmaceutical care and service excellence for our clients. We are committed to investing in your professional development in creating an environment where you can advance your career.
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will work to provide the following services to our patients:
- Individualized pharmacotherapy
- Counselling patients about their medication therapy
- Work in collaboration with physicians, and other health care providers to develop implement and monitor therapeutic plans
- Assist in the development of drug therapy guidelines for individual disease conditions
- Prepare and submit for publication in professional journals, case studies and articles that share new knowledge
- Acts as department resource person within your assigned area
- Participate in medication use evaluations, quality improvement initiatives and clinical drug trials
- Provides mentorship and supervision to pharmacy students, residents and new staff.
- Additionally, we would depend on your expertise to ensure that prescriptions are validated and dispensed accurately; and that medication safety concerns, working with the health care team to resolve discrepancies and/or problems are resolved expediently; your professional practice activities shall be documented proficiently.
Sound like this is for you?
To join us you will need:
- Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Completion of an accredited Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program.
Effective October 26th, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization "WHO" approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Here's what we have for you:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Our pharmacy team always aspires to improve and achieve the best possible care for our patients and improve their quality of life.
We aim to build an environment where you love the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. From the financial advisor handling our health care resources, to the IT professional enabling life-saving data, to the nurse and physician on the front line of patient care, everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Apply now to join our diverse team.
ONE TEAM, BEST PHARMACY CARE, BETTER LIVES