For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It's our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of Canada's Top 100 Employers 2018 (eight times total), one of Canada's Greenest Employers 2018 (six times total) and one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2018 (two times total).
Approximately 4,300 employees across Canada work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing. We stand for engineering excellence, innovation, reliability and responsibility.
The successful candidate will participate in the Finance Leadership Trainee Program with a focus on building the skills and experience in order to obtain a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation. This permanent position will rotate through all aspects of the Siemens finance landscape providing them with a unique set of skills that can only be obtained from a dynamic company. Upon successful completion of the program the employee will be placed within one of the many divisions in Siemens to continue their finance career. The first 12 months of the program will be completed at our corporate office located in Oakville, Ontario.
The program includes a coach/mentor to guide you through the program and towards your professional accounting designation. The program offers study leave prior to major exams and assistance in finding the best suited pre-exam prep courses. The position will report into the program Training Principal for Siemens Canada.
- Develops or evaluates financial reporting processes to support the financial reporting infrastructure
- Performs procedures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial information
- Evaluates the impact of alternative and/or new accounting standards/policies
- Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and accompanying notes
- Reviews, proposes or accounts for the entity's transactions including complex transactions
- Evaluates internal controls (IT and others)
- Designs a work-plan and assurance procedures
- Prepares, evaluates or manages information within an entity for decision making
- Prepares or reviews budget information
- Identifies, develops or evaluates business processes to support management information needs, decisions and control frameworks
- University Degree in Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Successful completion of CPA PEP Program Core and Elective modules or university equivalent, candidates ready to begin Capstone modules only
- 1-2 years of work experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Working towards or committed to working towards a CPA designation
- Bilingual language skills preferred, ideally French
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.