Dishwasher (Full Time, Permanent)
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe and efficient operations. As a dishwasher, you will play an important role in support of your Colleagues and the preparation of exceptional cuisine.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Stewarding Supervisors, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offering professional, engaging and friendly service
- Exuding a positive personality, smile, and promoting constructive work environments.
- Providing clean dishes, cutlery, baking & buffet equipment
- Operating industrial grade cleaning machinery and tools
- Exposure to food service grade chemical cleaning supplies
- Upkeep clean and sanitary conditions of dishwashing areas and relative kitchen spaces
- Working in humid and hot environments
- Team-based environment working in two to three staffing areas for short to long periods of time
- General cleaning - mopping, sweeping, scrubbing, cleansing, polishing
- Rotating shift work with repetitive motions
- Previous cleaning or food and beverage experience in a fast paced environment is an asset, but not required
- Self motivated with excellent communication skills
- Physically able to carry out the demands of the position including pushing, pulling, bending, heavy lifting and standing for long periods of time
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Able to reach height of 6 feet to store equipment on a regular basis is a requirement of the job.
- Able to lift up equipment up to 50lbs often during the work day
- Able to stand up for up to 5 hour period
You may be required towork on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of yourapplication to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meetthese requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! http://www.lakelouisejobs.com/
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!