Housekeeping Office Coordinator
The Housekeeping Office Coordinator will be responsible for assigning daily assignments to our Room Attendants and Supervisors and will distribute VIP information to our Housepersons. The Coordinator will also be responsible for responding to guest calls and delegating to the relevant colleagues in the department.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Coordinate administrative support to all areas of the Housekeeping department
- Work closely with all departments within the Rooms Division, communicating regular updates and changes
- Oversee the daily operation of the Housekeeping office
- Maintain all employee records within the Housekeeping department
- Maintain the security of all room keys and locks
- Ensure all guest requests are actioned in a timely manner
- Ensure housekeeping guest amenities and supplies are well stocked
- Comply with all department policies, procedures, and service standards
- Follow and proactively promote all health and safety policies and initiatives
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Previous relevant experience an asset (e.g. housekeeping and/or administration within a hotel environment)
- Proven ability to efficiently delegate tasks amongst colleagues and leaders
- Good computer literacy (experience using Property Manager System preferred)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable, demonstrating initiative as required
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, team-based environment
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant sitting throughout shift
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be eligible to work in Canada.
We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! http://www.lakelouisejobs.com/
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!