*** Please note that the occupation of Food Service Manager corresponds to the occupation of Cook in the Canadian Armed Forces.
By applying for this job, you are applying for a MILITARY JOB.
A good meal always has a positive influence on troops morale. Therefore cooks have to prepare food and meals in the various National Defence establishments, in Canada and abroad, following strict food safety regulations no matter the environment they are in. This trade is also available in the Reserve Force (part time).
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade: http://bit.ly/FAC164E3
- Prepare and serve meals that range from cafeteria-style menus to formal multi-course meals for military and civilian dignitaries
- Assist in the handling and control of food and non-food supplies
- Practice workplace health and safety procedures
- Provide for Religious and Spiritual dietary accomodations
- Manage food safety and Defence
- Operate, clean and maintain food services equipment and facilities
In the Regular Force, your work location is not guaranteed. You may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. However, if you only want to work in your region, the Reserve Force may be an alternative.
Consult this table to find out which Reserve Force units are hiring in your area:
Apply here to join the Reserve Force:
Wage increases according to the rank and experience of the member following established pay rates. To learn more about the pay rates: forcesemplois.com/pay
RELATED CIVILIAN OCCUPATIONS:
- Institutional or Restaurant Cook
- Food Services Instructor in high schools or colleges
- Food Services Manager or Supervisor (Food Service Establishment)
The minimum requirements for enrollment in the Canadian Armed Forces are:
? To be aged between 16 and 57 years old
? To be a Canadian citizen
? To have obtained at least 24 Secondary 4 and/or 5 and/or Professionnal Education credits; OR Have obtained an Equivalence Certificate of Secondary Education (AENS-TENS); OR Have acquired General Educational Development (GED)
Refer to the link below for requirements regarding the trade of your choice: