The Apprenticeship Program with Regis will provide you the required hours of practical training experience covering mandated subjects in order for you to obtain your license while working under the supervision of a journeyperson/licensed stylist. As a hired apprentice, you will be accountable for practicing and acquiring all the performance objectives. You will provide guests with excellent service providing the full range of hair care services offered by their salon, such as cutting, styling, coloring, washing and perming hair and providing wax treatments. Regis endeavors to provide every guest with a great experience every time they visit by providing quality consultations, exceptional service and the knowledge to duplicate the desired look at home.
Salons that are part of the Regis Family of brands use Opensalon, our proprietary, online traffic-driving platform.Qualifications
- Must obtain a Certificate of Qualification or a be registered as an apprentice
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to provide exceptional guest service, understanding the guest's needs, providing quality consultations and performing services requested in a competent, efficient and professional manner
- Ability to perform administrative tasks such as completing transactions on the computerized register, performing close-out procedures and light housekeeping duties
- Standing for sustained periods of time
- Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds, occasionally up to 25 pounds
- Continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms.
- Continuous grasping and reaching, often above shoulder level
- Ability to be exposed to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services
- Ability to observe guest's hair, including close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to communicate with guest regarding services offered and requested and the guest's needs and wants