Forbes Ranks U of G Among Canada's Top EmployersMedical Device Reprocessing Technician Ontario Veterinary College Health Sciences Centre
(Less than 24 hours a week)
Please apply by emailing [email protected] and sending your:
- Cover Letter
- Area of Interest
Reporting to the Supervisor, Patient Care & Service Delivery and receiving daily functional guidance from the Team Leader of the Medical Device Reprocessing department, the incumbent will be responsible for a variety of duties including:
- Processing and distributing supplies
- Sterilizing surgical, medical, research and pharmacy supplies
- Maintaining records of biological tests
- Operating decontamination and sterilization equipment including steam autoclaves, and hydrogen peroxide sterilizer
- Maintaining inventory control including using inventory management computer software
- Transporting supplies to hospital areas
- Handling designated waste
The incumbent will be cross-trained in other service areas of the Health Science Centre. The incumbent will be assigned to work in a variety of service areas based on operational requirements.
Interested candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Secondary School diploma plus Medical Device Reprocessing Techniques Course and Certification as recognized by the MDRAO is required plus some related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrate familiarity with sterilization techniques and should possess accurate record keeping abilities
- Good communication skills and attention to detail are required
- This position requires frequent lifting and a diverse range of motions for a wide variety of activities.
- Flexibility in scheduling availability is required. The incumbent will be required to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of rabies titre.
Hourly rate $19.91 - $22.24 per hour
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.