The Infotainment Applications Software Defined Vehicle group at the Canadian Technical Centre is at the heart of delivering GM's in-vehicle user interface and software applications. With years of experience maximizing the power and flexibility of Android, we are continually redefining the customer experiences of GM's vehicles for all our brands - Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, Buick. Join a hardworking and engaged software development team who have adapted to new remote working conditions, while delivering exciting new software applications for electric vehicles like the Hummer EV and Cadillac Lyriq. Innovation lives here, so should you!Job Description
We are seeking android software developer candidates with different levels of experience ranging from junior to senior.
- Design and develop the world's best in-vehicle applications for GM Infotainment systems
- Responsible for the entire software development process of your domain, including requirements, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the Infotainment software
- Participate in architecture, requirements, design, code, and test case reviews
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using Scrum/Agile/SAFe development process
- Experience with programming in Kotlin, Java, or C++
- Experience developing applications or middleware for mobile platforms like Android or iOS
- Object-oriented software development experience with a proven grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
- Experience with testable software architecture JUnit, Espresso, TDD, MVVM, Clean Architecture
- Experience with SCM tools like GIT, SVN or ClearCase
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/SAFe development and tools
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigate issues based on limited information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, well-adapted, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule dedication
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering or equivalent field
- Advanced degrees preferred
- Experience with Android Open Source Project development
- Software experience in Android Studio/Linux platform
- Development experience in 3D Unreal/Unity/OpenGL ES/Vulkan
- Software development experience in a variety of embedded system
- Experience with scripting, tool development and test automation framework
- Experience with the development of automotive infotainment solutions
- Experience with vehicle communication network protocols including CAN, MOST
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.