We are a Montreal based, family owned and managed manufacturing company serving the North American market. Our company is quickly growing, and we are looking for a Lean Manufactoring Specialist to join our expanding, dynamic and multi-cultural team.
Reporting to the Lean and Quality manager the Lean manufacturing specialist role is to organize, set up and optimize production, while observing specifications.
The responsibilities of the Lean manufacturing specialist encompass all Axis product lines and includes optimization of the parts and fixture flow before, during and after the manufacturing process. Upstream, he/she will analyze and assist in specifying documentation sent by the Engineering and Design department. Downstream the industrial engineer will research and specify fabrication equipment, analyze make buy decisions and assist in the approval of outsourcing vendors. He/she will participate in defining the objectives (cost, quality, timelines), methods and means (raw materials, human resources).
When manufacturing is under way, he/she will establish methods to gather data on the efficiency of the parts and fixture flow and the productivity of the manufacturing processes to support the Axis Lean manufacturing objectives.
Examine production methods to identify and implement improvements, concerning safety, efficiency and quality.
- Time studies on set up and production operations.
- Supports Axis quality policy and adheres to quality standards.
- Assists production and material handling with point of use improvements for raw material and WIP.
- Assists shipping and engineering with packaging options for single parts and large assemblies.
- Understands Epicor ERP manufacturing software.
- Proposes Updates for plant layout as required.
- Coordinate Axis equipment and fabrication process calibration.
- Investigation root cause analysis of quality issues in manufacturing and managing quality related NC's and SNAG's.
- Troubleshoot and implement corrective actions on a timely basis.
- Feasibility studies on new equipment and processes.
- Manage process quality control system to ensure all manufactured product meets defined specifications prior to shipment.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data, such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Education : Bachelors in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering
Experience : 5+ years of experience in the application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methods
Software : AutoCAD, SolidWORKS, Office especially Excel (intermediate level or better)Other: A solid understanding of engineering for manufacturing techniques including sheet metal, extrusions, and die-casting moulding. Knowledge of production, Good communication skills, Ability to work in a team setting, Multitasking