Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada's leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina?. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
As part of Maple Leaf Food's Maintenance team, and reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for the daily production of our products. Furthermore, they will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
- Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment with minimum supervision,
- Operate production equipment and check performance as required
- Strong on PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation,
- Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective action,
- Perform regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labour on a computerized maintenance program,
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics,
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings/schematics,
- Machining and fabricating for equipment repairs and/or upgrades,
- Welding of equipment or part repair,
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices.
- Enhance equipment performance, recommending improvements and implementing,
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Red Seal Certification or Alberta trade certification
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Ability to work rotating shifts, including night shift
- Available for weekend overtime as production demands require
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Strong team player as well ability to work alone
- Safety conscious
- Heavy lifting maybe required
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Basic computer ability coupled with strong communication skills
- Rotating shifts and weekends may be required
- Knowledge of conveyors, industrial / stationary engines, pumps / compressor, grinders, welding equipment, electrical / electronic controls, lathes / machining tools, power tools, fans / blowers, hydraulic systems and high-speed packaging equipment
- Ability to organize and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Good mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
Environment: Meat Processing Plant
Volume & Complexity of Work: Some priority conflict/Limited complexity, multiple deadlines,
Travel Requirements: None
Physical Requirements: Some Lifting (50% of Time)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at [email protected] or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be respond