As a member of a dynamic team of mechanics / technicians, you will share the responsibility of performing different tasks both on site and in our workshop. Our valve maintenance technicians provide complete assembly, operation optimization, maintenance, repair and testing services on a wide range of valves and actuators, both at customer sites and in our workshop in Kirkland. You will be required to go to customer sites at times on short notice to perform diagnostics and intervene on their critical valves. Valve maintenance technicians are also responsible for performing regular maintenance and scheduled shutdowns on multiple customer sites in order to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Called upon for all field service in the territory of Eastern Canada(Kingston to New Brunswick)
- Called upon to calibrate and do diagnostics on pneumatic and electric Emerson actuators.
- Follow-up with clients in order to ensure their continued satisfaction and future needs.
- Diagnose, using AVK and other tools and repair customers valves
- Maintain a strong long-term professional relationship with clients
Shop repairs and diagnoses
- Work as an integral of our production and repair team to deliver and support customer needs when not on service calls
Continuous Improvement and problem solving
- Provide suggestions to increase work efficiency on site as well as in shop.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions with stakeholders
- Must have valid driver's license without restrictions
- Strong mechanical aptitudes
- Strong customer service skills and focus
- Must be able to easily lift 50 lbs without restrictions
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written in both official languages
- Experience working directly with customers.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Forklift certification as well as ability to operate heavy equipment is considered an asset
- Microsoft office skills and experience
- Willingness to learn and ability to work longer hours when needed.
- Ability to use the following tools is an asset: AVK, Ventil, EVT