Highly focused on sales generation of merchandise/services within the Service Centre and Copy Centre while demonstrating a high degree of customer awareness and ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction with an accurate, expedient return/exchange/purchase process. Responsible for knowing and understanding the operations of the Copy Centre. Demonstrates a high degree of customer awareness while accurately and expediently processing customers at the checkout. Responsible for processing all general purchases with a focus on generating add-on sales.
- Ensures exceptional customer satisfaction with accuracy and professionalism while processing purchases and customer orders.
- Takes opportunities for add-on sales to customer.
- Assists in the resolution of customer complaints, returns and exchanges.
- Responds to and directs where necessary, customer inquiries related to copy and technology services.
- Answers telephones and qualifies and directs customers as required.
- Responsible to take and make copy orders accurately.
- Follows all correct cash register operations, as well as maintaining SKU integrity when entering services into the register.
- Maintains loss prevention and privacy standards by completing appropriate paperwork when presented with refunds or exchanges for data products.
- Accepts proper forms of prescribed tender.
- Properly secures company funds and physical inventory at all cash stations.
- Ensures accuracy of customer orders by spot checking throughout processing.
- Completes and balances all daily cash register paperwork and obtains verification.
- Follows proper customer order procedures including special and pre-paid orders, ensuring order forms are completed and priced correctly.
- Stocks and maintains front-end racks/shelves and merchandise areas as assigned.
- Monitors stock levels of front end paper, supplies, register rolls, shopping bags, etc.
- Accountable for signing in/out and logging in/out of own till when required.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures relevant to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Maintains general cleanliness of all workstations, lunchroom and washrooms as assigned, according to company standards.
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Checks all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
- Associate is expected to maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to engage customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently while working in both the Service Desk and Copy Centre areas to effectively serve our customers.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- Three months to one year of previously related experience is preferred.
- Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
- You are required to stand in a stationary position for periods of time generally not exceeding two consecutive hours. This would occur while working a cash register.
- You will be exposed to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the copy equipment.
* Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.