Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be involved with machining set-up and programming, while detecting any machine malfunctions or out-of-tolerance standards.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated & engaged employees.
· Machine set-up and programming to operate conventional, special-purpose and numerical control (NC) machines.
· Observe machines to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
· Verify conformance of finished work piece to specification, using precision measuring instruments.
· Tool Changes
· Evaluate the condition and reliability of production equipment to make purchasing and repair recommendations.
· A Machine License or equivalent education and experience.
· 3 Years of Set-Up Technician experience in a machining or manufacturing environment.
· Ability to refer to assembly drawings and diagrams to follow proper installation and calibration procedures on new equipment.
· Experience in confirming dimensions off products using precise measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers and dial indicators and angel finders.
· Ability to calculate mixture volumes and material composition ratios to ensure products meet specifications.
· Able to modify CNC program for machining centers, lathes and special purpose machinery.
· Certification in industrial engineering or manufacturing technology or in a related
· Knowledge of quality and procedure/systems standards.
· Experience in risk analysis and failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
· Excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate with suppliers, equipment operators, supervisor and management.
· Opportunities for career advancement
· Assistance with approved professional designations and fees
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities
· Social committees and sports teams
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.Current Shift Rotating Employment Type Full Time Hourly Percentage of Travel Required 1-10% Removal Date 21-Aug-2019