The driver is responsible for driving a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) as well as packing, moving and safely transporting household goods, office furniture and other heavy items while providing outstanding customer service to all TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® customers. The driver should have general knowledge of functional support areas, including the core business, customer service and moving.
- Acts as the physical point of contact for new and existing customers and establishes a rapport and builds confidence in TWO MEN AND A TRUCK services
- Makes recommendations according to customer's needs on moving services, boxes, supplies and equipment and other value-added services; May recommend alternate services and/or products based on cost, availability or customer specifications
- Obtains customer feedback throughout the move to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and proactively resolve any complaints
- Calmly and professionally handles displeased customers and provides timely feedback to management regarding customer concerns
- Keeps the customer and management informed of anticipated delays and any additional information needed to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability
- Continually maintains thorough understanding of all company products, services, pricing and promotions in order to communicate the benefits and value of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK and effectively oppose any customer objections
- Performs Schedule 1 daily truck inspections. Maintains in good order his/her daily logbook
- Accurately calculates the charges for services and completes all move-related paperwork and responsible for making sure paperwork and revenues collected are properly dropped in safe at the end of the work day
- Safely move/pack/unpack customer's belongings by utilizing all of the proper moving equipment and techniques and following the necessary prescribed policies
- Organizing and securing truck at the end of each job and ensures truck and equipment is maintained in a clean, safe and professional manner
- Conduct pre/post trip truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Must be in a clean, approved TWO MEN AND A TRUCK uniform at all times without exception
- Maintain a positive image of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK by ensuring proper hygiene
- Ensure compliance with the policies laid out in the employee handbook and/or presented by management
- Participates in regular training and development programs offered through STICK MEN UNIVERSITY® to further the knowledge of the system
- Other duties as assigned by franchisee, general manager, move manager and/or office manager
Because moving is stressful, we seek candidates with a commitment to customer service and an appreciation for variety in your job!
- Excellent customer service skills
- Is a team worker and must be able to listen and communicate in an effective, helpful and friendly manner with co-workers, customers and management
- Must have the ability to communicate with the mover regarding customer service, moving/packing strategies and moving/packing techniques
- Ability to direct the work of others when necessary
- Knowledgeable of all Provincial and Federal driving requirements. Rules and regulations
- Have strength and agility to carry and load items into truck as well as a good sense of balance
- Know, understand and perform in accordance with the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Mission Statement, "Our Commitment is to continuously strive to exceed our Customer's expectations in value and high standard of satisfaction"
- At least 25 years old depending on insurance requirements and one year of driving experience is required. Six months of TWO MEN AND A TRUCK or moving industry experience is preferred
- Language Skills: ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization; bilingual is a plus
- Mathematical Skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of Canadian dollars and weight measurements, volume, distance and time
- Reasoning Ability: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations with limited standardized procedures. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished with written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Physical Demands: the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, sit, hear, use hands and fingers, handle, feel and/or lift with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift 100 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
This job posting is for a position at the individually owned and operated TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® franchise located in Hamilton, Ontario. The employer at this location is W&E Costello Enterprises Inc.