Enrich the lives of people with intellectual disabilities.
Community Living Glengarry is a non-profit leader providing supports and services for people with intellectual disability. We focus in all aspects of daily living and on community inclusion.THE ROLE: Support Worker
Under the direction of the Residential Manager, as the Support Worker, you will:
- Supervise residents and assess the resident's needs.
- Monitor and promote policies and procedures in the home that ensure the safety of the residents.
- Act at all times as a role model to the residents and perform other related duties, as required.
- Ensure the maintenance of a physical and emotional home atmosphere, conducive to a satisfying living experience for all residents.
- Must be available for relief work/call-in.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please apply with your resume.
. Experience in working with developmentally challenged individuals would be an asset.
2. Completed Post-Secondary education, preferably MRC, BST, DSW, Social Service Worker, University Social Services.
3. Ability and willingness to assume responsibilities as required for the benefit of the clients and program.
4. Demonstrated organizational skills and sense of initiative.
5. Demonstrated ability to work in a supervised environment.
6. Must be willing to work shifts and weekends as per schedule.7. Car is essential with proper proof of insurance for transportation of clients