Type of Employment: Full time with benefits
Business Line: Agriculture and Food
Required: High School Diploma and a Class 5 Drivers Licence
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world's leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world's top multinationals and one of the world's most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
A day in the life of a Grain Grader at SGS Canada:
- Inspect/grade all types of grains arriving at the laboratory or during onsite Inspections
- Review of analytical data; Report on-site inspections and/or grading results; Report findings to the grain elevator.
- Conduct total grain inventory audits of weight and grade.
- Provide technical guidance and training for inspectors.
- Communicate directly with grain elevators to provide guidance/updates on grade issues.
- Conduct laboratory analysis, grading, and review of data in accordance to the CGC guide.
- Competent in performing all responsibilities of a Grain Inspector and a Grader Level 2.
- A minimum of a High School diploma
- Over 5 years of experience in Grain grading / Inspections
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.