A great place to develop an interesting career!
Chameleon Innovations is a medium-sized, family owned and managed manufacturing business. We take pride in our quality products and after-sales service. Since 1996, we have engaged in continuous in-house engineering and development of innovative rolling tarps for transport and industrial retractable enclosure solutions. Chameleon is a team driven to deliver innovative products that solve common problems in transportation and industry. Our products are derived from the need to make people's lives easier.. and we do!
This position will provide an opportunity for growth within the organization for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor the Shipping/Receiving Clerk will assist in shipping and light assembly of custom unit and parts orders, keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment: Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures.
- Receives trucks and unloads freight both manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Checks for damaged goods
- Verifies quantity and quality of order
- Verifies items received with purchase orders
- Delivers and retrieves supplies to and from work or storage areas
- Tags and issues supplies; stocks shelves, work cells and rotates inventory.
- May maintain equipment as required.
- Participates in physical inventories.
- Maintains inventory records by aliing or deleting supplies as they are shipped or received
- Follows methods and standard work as assigned and applicable
- Prepare shipments including pallets, packaging, etc.
- Verifies quantity and quality of order.
- Clean work areas and equipment, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures, CSST and other safety compliance bodies as applicable.
- Build pallets and other shipping containers.
- Operate nail gun and related small tooling.
- Support facilities maintenance as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and requirements:
- Completion of secondary school an asset
- Previous experience in shipping, picking, packing and receiving.
- Fork lift licence is an asset - We provide training on-site periodically through the ASFETM
- Knowledge of metals, hardware and related items an asset
- Drivers license an asset
- Must be meticulous and detail oriented
- Must be honest and have a high level of ethics
- Ability to measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and grow in this role
- Physical strength is required.
- The ability to read and write in 1 of these two languages is required (English/French).
- Fully bilingual would be considered an asset.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of CNESST and other regulatory compliance related to this position would be considered an asset.
- Chameleon Innovations offers an insurance package and allowance for safety boots after the successful completion of the probationary period.