Maintenance Technician, Refrigeration - Full Time
Our Engineering colleagues are passionate about maintaining our historic and iconic building while providing engaging service to our guests.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Château Laurier is the iconic hotel of Ottawa - Canada's capital city. Built in the age of grandeur, Ottawa's very own castle is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château. A symbol of timeless elegance, the hotel combines a distinctive blend of historic charm and modern efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and upgrade refrigeration systems (walk-in coolers and freezers, line fridges and freezers, ice machines and fan coil units inside guest rooms).
- Conducts preventative maintenance as scheduled by Engineering Department
- Able to perform minor plumbing, mechanical and electrical repairs
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from a technical school - refrigeration license
- Minimum 5 years' experience in refrigeration
- Previous hotel experience an asset
- Experience with chillers, boilers and refrigeration systems
- Experience with HVAC systems and associated preventative maintenance
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy items (up to 50 lbs)
- Frequent bending
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!