Program Clerk Posting Number 1384047
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
- Effective October 26th, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization "WHO" approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
We hire great people for outstanding jobs and need your help to expand the ability to deliver prompt and professional service. We are looking for a Full Time Program Clerk to provide support within our Staffing Services team at Fraser Canyon Hospital.
Your specific duties will include:
- Preparing and posting staff rotations and schedules for units by reviewing master rotations/flow sheets and transferring and extending information from master rotations.
- Adjusting schedules to account for leaves of absences, vacancies, terminations and vacation and adjusting hours according to applicable collective agreements.
- Making arrangements for relief staffing by receiving notification from staff and/or Staffing Services, recording calls and making any necessary calculations such as staff/patient ratios to determine availability of existing staff according to established procedures.
- Allocating and calling in relief staff to fill vacancies resulting from unfilled positions such as shift changes, vacation, leaves of absence and sick leaves by utilizing a computerized staff scheduling system.
- Maintaining timekeeping records for the program(s) staff utilizing a computerized payroll system and submitting information to Payroll.
- Maintaining related records and documentation such as attendance records, paid leave forms and relief staff availability.
- Performing receptionist duties such as receiving customers, answering/directing incoming calls for program staff and answering routine inquiries.
We are looking for you to have:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Four (4) years of recent related experience in scheduling
- Ability to type 40 WPM
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of providers in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
We believe in your work with our dedicated team, come join in our commitment to provide quality care to our patients and clients. Our purpose - To improve the health of the population and the quality of life of the people we serve.
- To be passionate in pursuit of quality and safe health care.
- To inspire individual and collective contribution.
- To be focused on outcomes, open to evidence, new ideas and innovation.
- To embrace new partners as team members and collaborators.
- To be accountable.
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends as an exceptional place to work. A 2021 BC Top Employer, we value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Curious to learn what it's like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.