Rheinmetall Canada's top priority is the wellbeing and safety of all its employees and their families. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, we work proactively to reduce potential risks of exposition and contamination, and to ensure business continuity. In this special context, our recruitment activities are hence significantly slowed down. Please know that we appreciate your interest in Rheinmetall Canada! All the best to you and your families as we work through this uncommon time.
Permanent full time position (40 hours)
Rheinmetall Canada, supplier of military systems and equipment, and of surveillance solutions including radars, and optical and communication systems, is currently looking for junior and senior software developers who have skills in user interface creation and user experience. The candidates will complete a passionate team working in an Agile environment. Our developers participate in the development of complex electronic surveillance systems and software on state-of-the-art technological projects for different commercial and defence systems.
Among our burgeoning products, our multimission unmanned ground vehicle is available in a variety of variants, including force protection, reconnaissance, and observation; our soldier system is designed for the rapid exchange of voice and data between soldiers and their commanders on the field during missions; and our command and control software exploits data provided by sensors (cameras, drones, etc.) of our products and of other sources. All these modular and compatible systems that rely on the creative spirit of our developers are designed in-house by members of the Rheinmetall Canada team who occasionally have the opportunity to travel in Canada and abroad to support the demonstrations of our products to our customers.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in computer engineering, software engineering, or the equivalent.
- Hold a college diploma in a relevant field and have at least two years of experience in software development.
- Have a good knowledge of object-oriented programming and unit tests.
- Have an excellent knowledge of Java and C# programming.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the Windows environment.
- Have experience in user interface analysis and design.
- Have experience with software development tool as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Microsoft .Net, or Android Studio.
- Possess good writing and speaking skills in French and English.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Be available to travel occasionally.Depending on the projects, knowledge of the following tools represents an asset:
- Skills in graphic design (creation of icons and other elements of graphic interfaces).
- Knowledge of OpenMap or GIS.
- Knowledge of video processing.
- Knowledge of databases such as SQL Server.
- Knowledge of SWING.
- Knowledge of Git, Jira, BitBucket, Bamboo, etc.
- Knowledge of Android architecture.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Experience in developing command and control software application.
At Rheinmetall Canada, we foster teamwork, leadership, and surpassing oneself, creating an environment that brings out the best in our employees and enables them to realize their potential. A flexible work schedule, a comprehensive medical plan for you and your family, as well as private medical services on site, competitive benefits, a subsidized cafeteria, a fitness and entertainment room, and free parking - it's all part of the package**, all in a green setting.
We thank all participants for the interest. However, we will only communicate with the selected candidates. Rheinmetall Canada subscribe to Employment Equity.
** Certain conditions vary depending on the job status.