Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people's lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.The Pension Analyst will work within a team that to provide quality client-focused administrative services for our Corporate clients.
- Processes interfund transfers, contributions, withdrawals and terminations for clients.
- Provides regular and ad hoc reports for clients.
- Receives and responds to plan member and client inquiries and requests.
- Enters, updates and audits information; performs and proofs transactions on in-house software.
- Liaises with consultants, trust companies and investment manager representatives concerning clients' DC plans.
- Performs reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Keeps apprised of applicable new and existing pension, tax and securities legislation; shares knowledge with the team.
- Attends internal training sessions to build knowledge of industry topics and trends.
- Ensures that quality control and service standards are attained with every transaction.
- Understands the client's perspective and priorities.
- Acts as a back-up, responding to in-bound calls from members and clients.
- Participates on special projects as required.
Succeeding as a Pension Analyst will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- Excellent written and oral English and French skills are an asset.
- Knowledge of group benefits (DB and DC pension or group insurance) an asset.
- Relevant university degree
- Have, or be in progress of completing a CSC or IFIC designation is considered an asset.
- 1-2 years' experience working in a customer-focused role in the pension industry, and a foundation of knowledge in provincial pension and tax legislation.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, along with a strong professional acumen and the desire to take the initiative in helping clients find solutions.
- Our strongest analysts have excellent communication and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments.
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.