Mad Science Ottawa Office Manager
Great Job / Carrer Opportunity for Teachers
You have been teaching elementary or even high-school and want to remain close to the school system but not teaching Full Time, then maybe this is exactly what you are looking for. As a Coordinator for Mad Science of Ottawa you will be organizing,managing, coordinating and sometimes teaching our cool, spectacular and interactive science activities in the elementary schools of Ottawa. A great mix of responsibilities and challenging tasks that will be sure to make work very interesting. You will also be responsible to coach and train the part-time animators in order to help them be the best teachers/animator they can be.
This job is Full Time (30 to 40 hours)
Mad Science has been one of the world's leading providers of quality and dynamic science extracurricular activities for over 30 years. We are looking for an Office Manager & coordinator with relevant experience and qualifications to be based in our quickly growing Ottawa office. We will offer competitive salary package! Responsibilities Reporting to the President of Mad Science Montreal & Ottawa Division, the successful candidate will:
- o Manage everyday operations of Mad Science of Ottawa with the support of the Mad Science of Montreal team.
- o coordinate existing extracurricular and unique events to ensure a quality service and maintain relationships with existing clients to sustain and expand their contracts
- o market the Mad Science extracurricular program to elementary schools in a designated territory
- o develop new contracts with private and public organizations (i.e. city camps, day cares, community centers)
- o process registration and payment information from clients (i.e. schools, parents, businesses)
- o enthusiastically teach Mad Science activities (8 to 10 classes maximum during the busy times of year)
- Must have experience in animation with children aged 5 to 12 years old.
- Have a strong work ethic (responsible, dependable, punctual, etc.).
- Bilingual English and French is a plus.
- Must have access to a car.